Good evening Champion families. This is Mr. Bridges and Mrs. Merlette with some important reminders and a look at the week ahead.
A LOOK AT THE WEEK AHEAD
Monday, February 24th:
- Today there is a change in the lunch menu (instead of corn dog bits, there will be cheese enchilada served)
- Open Enrollment Starts
- Champions, please wear formal uniforms.
- EcoHero Assembly grades TK-4
Tuesday, February 25th:
- Today there is a change in the lunch menu (instead of Philly Cheese steak, there will be panda pie)
- Regular uniform day: White or teal polos with uniform bottoms or formal wear.
Wednesday, February 26th:
- Spring Portraits and 8th grade Promotion Photographs
- Due to Spring Portraits, today is a free dress day. Champions may wear a dress code compliant outfit for Spring Photographs.
- School Site Council Meeting at 5:30pm
Thursday, February 27th:
- Regular uniform day. White or Teal polos with uniform bottoms or formal wear.
- PBIS Raffle Cart will be coming around during the first recess and middle school break.
- Champions may enter Scholarships for a weekly drawing! Champions must write their FIRST AND LAST names on each Scholarship they want to enter.
- TK/Kindergarten Field Trip
- OPA Board Meeting at SOC at 5:00 pm
Friday, February 28th:
- Champions may wear their university shirts, White or Teal polos, or formal wear with uniform bottoms
- OPA Battle of the Books Practice Competition Assembly for grades 3-5
- PBIS Raffle Drawing at noon! Selected students will spin the Raffle Wheel
Open Enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year will begin on Monday, 02/24 and last until Friday, 03/27. If you have siblings of existing students whom you wish to enroll at OPA next year, you need to fill out an application for them during open enrollment. There will be a spot on the application to indicate that your applicant is a sibling of a currently enrolled student. Applications are completed and submitted at applyOPA.com beginning 02/24. If you do not fill out an application during open enrollment, you will have to wait until after the lottery to add your sibling to the Post Lottery Wait List. Please contact the front office if you have any questions about this process.
Kids Run the OC Information: LAST WEEK TO REGISTER
OPA SV will be participating in Kids Run the OC on May 2nd. Registration is due online by this Saturday, March 1st. Please register your student(s) at https://kidsruntheoc.org . Make sure to select the OPA- Saddleback Valley campus when registering. We have biweekly morning practices on Wednesday and Friday mornings at 8:00-8:30am. This is a very fun and exciting event designed to keep kids moving and all grade levels are welcome to join. Email Miss. Penrose with any questions: email@example.com.
Track & Field at OPA:
OPA Saddleback Valley has been invited to compete against the top runners in the 2nd Annual South Orange County Open Track and Field Meet on March 15th at Mission Viejo High School. This meet is open to participants of all skill levels for ages 6-15 (with proof of grade no higher than 8th). Track practices will take place on Tuesday afternoons from 3:30- 4:15 PM starting this week. Parent volunteers are necessary to help this program run smoothly. Please email Ms. Penrose at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are willing to help coach or have any questions regarding the OPA track team.
- Registration link: Track Meet Registration
After you have registered for the track meet, please complete the following Google Form that will provide Ms. Penrose with confirmation of your registration, as well as contact information that will ensure that you receive all information and updates about the track team.
- Post Registration Google Form/Track Parent Contact: https://forms.gle/y4Ak1UvGXbdr282m9
2019-2020 OPA-SV Yearbook -ORDER DEADLINE APRIL 20th
The 2019-2020 Oxford Preparatory Academy-SV yearbook is now on sale. This will be a 100-page full-color yearbook that includes an option to add personalized pages to create a unique copy of your own personal yearbook for a starting price of $24.60. Click on the link below to order yours.
- Link: 2019-2020 Yearbook
February Lunch Menu: February Lunch Menu
- March 2nd - 6th: Staff Appreciation Week is Next Week (Look for information from your University Room Parents about ways to thank our Staff next week)
- March 9th: Honour Society Meeting at 5:30pm
- March 11th: Honour Society Dine Out Night at Brizio
- March 12th: 3rd Grade TaeKwonDo Board Breaking Ceremony
- March 13th: End of the 2nd Trimester
- March 15th: Track Meeting at Mission Viejo High School - Registration link Track Meet Registration
Honour Society Events:
- Please visit OPA - SV’s Honour Society website for a detailed calendar with all fundraisers, Gala information, meeting dates, ticket purchasing information, volunteer opportunities, and special events!
Thank you for ALL you do!
Go Champions! -Mr. Bridges and Mrs. Merlette