We have an exciting month celebrating Groundhog Day, Valentine’s Day, Presidents Day, and Black History Month. I want to say thank you to all of you for helping support your child’s learning at home! At this point in first grade you can always help your child to memorize sight words, practice math fluency facts within 20, and reviewing the decodable stories that were sent home in the beginning of the year.
- Feb. 6- OPA Board Meeting at 5:00p.m. – SOC Campus
- Feb. 7~8- Parent Teacher Conferences if requested by teacher (Minimum Days)
- Feb. 14- Valentine’s Day
- Feb. 15~18-Presidents Day (No school)
- Mar. 8- End of 2nd Trimester
The Information page will inform you about upcoming events, quizzes, non-core classes and more. Make sure to read our class Information page at least once a week.
- Open Court Phonics: Unit 6, Lesson 1 long e spelled _y, _ie_, ey (Decodables: 1-75)
- Mathematics – Module 5: Lessons 7-9 Review, Quiz on Tuesday, Vday Math Mystery Challenge
- Writing: Narrative
- Social Studies: American Symbols & Presidents
- Focus: Black History Month
Monday – Mandarin Chinese
Tuesday – Science Lab, Music
Wednesday – PE
Thursday – Library
Friday – Mandarin Chinese
University of Oregon
Welcome to our class website! I am thrilled to be your child’s teacher and look forward to a fantastic year!