Up Coming Events
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and I know that the Huskies are becoming really excited! If your Husky wishes to participate in passing out Valentine’s Day cards please make sure they do not print individual names on them. They may write ‘to a friend’. I will allow Valentine candy, though it may not be eaten until approved by mom or dad. Just keep in mind that attaching non-food Valentine’s are just as fun for the students. Students may bring in Valentine’s cards early if they wish. They do not need to bring in mailboxes, bags for their Valentine’s will be provided for them.
Thank you for your participation in helping to create such a special event for our Huskies!
- Feb. 14- Valentine’s Day
- Feb. 15~18-President’s Day (No school)
- Mar. 8- End of 2nd Trimester
The Information page will inform you about upcoming events, quizzes, non-core classes and more. Make sure to read our class Information page at least once a week.
- Spelling: /i/ _igh, _y, _ie, i, i_e;
- Test Wednesday
- Writing: Students will continue working on informative writing about Rosa Parks.
- Language Arts: This week Huskies will be working on adjectives and adverbs . (2.L.2.1e)
- Quiz Friday
- Mathematics: Module 8 Lessons 9-12 (2.G.3) .
- Quiz Wednesday on Lessons 9-12
If you would like to donate items to our class the list below will help with some ideas.
- items for the classroom prize box
- white cardstock
- color paper
- classroom books for the student library
Scholastic Book Club
If you would like to order books online, rather than via the magazine distributed in class, please feel free to visit this site.
Class Code: MJYRR
Due Date: March 1st (Friday)
Non-Core Class Schedule
They Husky schedule of non-core classes this year.
- Library- Thursday
- Mandarin Chinese Class- Monday & Wednesday
- Physical Education- Tuesday
- Science Class- Monday
- Music Class- Thursday
- Tae Kwon Do- Wednesday & Friday
Welcome to the University of Washington
University of Washinton
Welcome to the University of Washington! I am truly overjoyed to welcome all of my new Huskies to our class. We will be having such a fun and exciting year in second grade while mastering standards and making new friends. I am looking forward to assisting in developing the Multiple Intelligence that each student possesses. I am excited to be your child’s professor and look forward to a successful year.